Tooth whitening is the process of removing the outer colorings of the teeth by using chemical bleaching agents that do not cause any harm to the teeth.
Teeth Whitening Methods
- In the office environment under the supervision of the dentist, whitening is the method of light source assisted. Higher concentration bleaching agent is used. Applied higher concentrations for faster whitening services. Results immediately. Two sessions are applied in the 3-7 days. Each session takes 30 minutes.
- Home type whitening is the method applied at home with transparent plaques prepared by the dentist special to the person’s mouth. A lower concentration bleaching agent is applied. It is applied every night for 1 week and the result is obtained later because the concentration is lower. If the whitening agent is to be applied during the day, it should be used for 8 hours, if it is to be applied during the night, it should be used for 4 hours. It is recommended to apply at night so that saliva evening is less and does not interfere with daily activities.Office-type whitening provides faster whitening, but the concentration is high likely to be of high sensitivity.
Is teeth whitening can be applied to anyone?
Teeth whitening can be applied to anyone except the following situations;
- Teeth whitening can not be done if internal colorization (antibiotic coloring, fluoridation, etc.) exists.
- Teeth whitening in gray tinted does not succeed.
- Teeth whitening can not be done at certain points on the surfaces of enamel dysplasia and enamel defects.
- If there is enamel cracking on the surfaces of the teeth, they should be treated first and then whitening should be done.
Is Tooth Whitening a permanent process??
Tooth whitening is not a permanent process because it is directly exposed to food and drinks consumed.
The teeth whitening process is performed during and during the follow-up of the doctor’s recommended period of time to stay away from coloring drinks (coffee, tea, smoking…); teeth whiteness will continue for a longer time. This colorant beverage-foods should not be consumed if possible or should be consumed as little as possible.
The process will teeth whitening damage the teeth?
The teeth whitening process under the control of the dentist does not cause any damage to the enamel.During the course of teeth whitening and afterwards, the doctor’s recommendations must always be followed.