What Is Laminate Vener?
It is an aesthetic method that can be applied by people who are dissatisfied with the color and appearance of their teeth.
It is the porcelain bonding process which is about 1-2 mm thickness by covering only the front surfaces of the teeth (without touching the contact points of the teeth, the back surfaces of the teeth). Laminate porcelain veneers reflect the color of the natural tooth. This makes laminate veneers look more aesthetically and naturally.
This process can also be done from composite materials in order to reduce cost and waiting time. Composite laminates are made in the patient’s mouth in one appointment. However, due to the food and drinks consumed, composite laminates are colored over time. Porcelain laminates do not have color.
Indications of the Porcelain Laminate Veneers
- Intrinsic tooth discoloration in which can not be treated with tooth bleaching.
- Mild tooth crowding (if the patient refused orthodontic treatment)
- When there are gaps between the teeth (diastema)
Advantages Of the Porcelain Laminate Veneer
- This procedure is minimal invasive.Therefore, the probability of postoperative problems is reduced.
- Since the contact points and the back surfaces of the teeth are not touched, the patient’s habituation process becomes easier.
- It provides a more aesthetically natural appearance than standard porcelain crowns.
- Depending on the person’s care, oral hygiene is much longer than other dental procedures.